See also our School Year Environmental Educator position.
If working with kids outdoors is your passion then the Summer Program Naturalist Fellowship at River Bend Nature Center is the perfect place for you! Your planning aptitude, creative skills, ability to work with kids, and love for the outdoors will be utilized and expanded through this fellowship. Summer Program Naturalists will be responsible for planning and implementing several summer camps directed at preschool through middle school-aged students.
The summer fellowship program begins in May and runs through August with the potential to expand into the school year program based on performance and interest. The program focuses on planning and implementing both science-based as well as outdoor recreation based camps. There will be opportunities to plan and lead several camping and backpacking trips as well.
Environmental Educator Position Description
River Bend Nature Center General Employee Position Description
River Bend Nature Center Environmental Educator application
The 2017 Summer Program Naturalist Fellowship begins May 30th, 2017 and ends August 24th, 2017.
- Faribault is a town of around 25,000 people
- Faribault is about 50 miles south of the Twin Cities metro area on I-35, which provides opportunities to attend concerts, professional and college sporting events, including Twins games.
- Faribault is about a 45 minute drive from the Mall of America, REI, and the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Faribault offers great mountain biking and cross-country ski trails right at River Bend Nature Center, as well as a very active bike and ski club, called The Faribault Flyers.
- Visit the offical Faribault webpage for more information about the town.