River Bend Nature Center is proud to announce the kickoff of its Adventure Fleet of bicycles sponsored by River County SHIP and Allina Health!
About the Bikes
- 16 hard tail (no rear shock) front suspension Trek mountain bikes.
- Available in sizes appropriate for kids 4'6" tall to adults around 6'.
- Water bottle holders are available on adult bikes.
- The bikes have wide knobby tires designed for riding in dirt and rocky conditions and mechanical disk brakes for stopping power in any condition.
- A bike mechanic stand is located outside the Interpretive Center.
Monday through Saturday from 10am to 3pm (last rental at 2pm).
River Bend Nature Center reserves the right to refuse rental of equipment for any reason including when trail conditions are poor or too wet to kepe the trails in good condition. Biking season generally occurs between May and the first snow.
At least one guest in the party must be at least 18 years old to rent bicycles for themselves and younger riders. Under aged renters must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Rented bicycles and equipment may only be used by the designated renters as mentioned in the Rental Contract.
Guests are not permitted to alter, modify, or add personal attachments to bicyclesin the rental flet (baskets, burleys, etc.).
How to Rent a Bike
- All riders must register and sign a waiver before riding. A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of minors.
- River Bend staff or volunteer will perform a safety check of equipment at the time of rental and teach you how to properly and safely use the bike.
- Bike rental includes helmet which must be securely attached to head at all times while riding the bike.
- Bike locks are available and recommended for your use.
- Return you bike and helmet to the Interpretive Center staff by check in time.
- Report any mechanical problems or damage. Employees will inspect bikes upon return. If bike is found to be badly damage you may be fined for the cost of the repair.
Rental Rates and Late Fees
- Daily rental fee is $25 ($15 for River Bend members).
- Daily rental for the entire fleet is $300 a day. For entire fleet off-site rentals, please call River Bend.
- Refunds will generally not be made due to weather conditions, equipment returned early, or for equipment rented but not used.
- Late return of bikes, without notifying River Bend will result in an additional day rental fee per bike.
- Bikes must be returned to the River Bend Interpretive Center and checked in with staff by agreed-upon time.
Following are a brief summary of some of our rules. For a complete list, see our rental policy document.
Bikes are not allowed off trail. Guests must wear a properly sized helmet securely attached to head at all times while riding the rental bicycle. During the rental period, someone in your party should bring a charged cell phone and a River Bend trail map. For a safe experience, we require that you wear close toed shoes. Respect other trail users, give walking pedestrians the right of way and ride at a respectful speed.
Reservation, Payment, Deposit and Cancellation
- Reservations are highly recommended to confirm availability and to ensure staff is available to provide you with a bicycle. A reservation deposit of $15 is required to reserve equipment. Balance must be paid in full at time of pick up.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance for a full refund. Any reservation cancelled after the 48 hour policy will result in a one day charge for the rental.
- Reservation no-shows will be charged in full and are non-refundable.
- Refunds due to weather or trail conditions will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Customer signing the rental contract must be at least 18 years old.
- Rental agreement must be read, accepted, and signed. Renter must provide photo identification and credit card information.
- Guests are responsible for any bicycle or equipment damage and/or theft. At end of rental period, customer accepts charges for any lost, stolen, or destroyed bikes or equipment. A cleaning fee will be assessed for excessively dirty equipment.
- Replace rate for lost or stolen bikes if $500. Replacement rate for lost helmets is $25. Replacement rate for lost bike lock is $10.